As a supplier of a wide range of specialised metals, we are often asked to suggest grades for use in specific applications. Often the information we are provided is insufficient and the following 5 considerations need to be defined in order to aid material selection:
- Product Analysis / Fitness for purpose. What does the product / equipment requiring the metal do?
- Shape Requirements. What product forms will the metal be required in?
- Operational Requirements. What are the properties of the metal that need to be prioritised.
- Candidate Materials. This should follow from the preceding 3 points
- Final Design and Manufacture
For further information on these considerations please access our E-Book on the general topic of material selection here. <<<< LINK to download >>>